Thursday, December 30, 2004

A Rose by Any Other Name..... is Just as Thorny.

What's in a name....?

I've been looking at names and the meanings behind them.
(Yes, names for my children... Don't LAUGH! It's a long loooong way off but it never hurts to plan ahead lahh!)
And I've discovered that some people have names that fit them so well. And some... don't.


George as in George W. Bush
Dragon-slayer - Farmer - Lover of Earth
I agree with the 'dragon-slayer' bit... but 'Lover of Earth'??

Kylie as in Kylie Minogue
Boomerang (Australian Aboriginal language)
Uhm... o-kay.. She's Aussie, isn't she? Wonder why her parents chose that name... It's like having Malay parents naming their kid Gasing... or Wau Bulan.. or Congkak

Donald as in Donald Trump
Ruler of the World
Whahhh... talk about aptly named!

Sharifah as in Sharifah Aini (the diva injected by unidentified liquid...)
Honored - Distinguished
Yes... she was.

Majidah as in fellow Blogger (of Magic's Altar)
Glorious - Noble - Respected
I couldn't agree more :)

Najib as in Najib Tun Razak, our TPM.
Intelligent
I withhold comment

No comments: