Oh my. It's August already? It's been nearly TWO months since the wedding and I haven't been updating much... In fact, I barely said ANYthing about the wedding! Gosh... Have I really been that busy?
I guess so.
Work has been piling up. Not that I don't enjoy it, but it does take a chunk out of my day. And when I get home the LAST thing I feel like doing is playing with the Internet. I'd rather play with my husband. Muahahaha!
Aaaaaaanywayyyy....
I can honestly say that getting married was the most memorable and wonderful thing I've ever done.
Wedding Prep
I'd always gone my cousins' weddings and I was involved in the preparation for it and stuff like that. But actually BEING the bride is an entirely different story altogether!
The house was filled with relatives and everything was going on all at once. The words hustle-and-bustle doesn't even come CLOSE to describing what was going on in the house. And the best thing was, I didn't have to do a single thing! I was made to feel a weeeee bit like an invalid. Can't lift a finger, can't venture further than 5 feet from the front door. If I dared to breach these rules, I'd hear a volley of loud, high-pitched shrieks from my well-meaning aunts.
My mom was handling everything like a pro. She delegated, she supervised... *phew* I was exhausted just LOOKING at her work. But the aunties and cousins and neighbours and friends were like angels... They were flitting here and there and getting things done miraculously well.
Amazing.
The Nikah
I can't even begin to describe how it felt, to see Wan gracefully and calmly say the words "Aku terima nikah, Mediha binti Mahmood, dengan mas kahwin RM100 tunai". When the Imam, without blinking an eye, immediately went "Al Faaaatihah", signalling that indeed, we were now OFFICIALLY married, I was actually stunned. That's the word for it... STUNNED. My mother, who was sitting right across from me, told me that my jaw just dropped and my eyes grew wide. I was amazed that in less than 5 seconds, I had gone from a single girl to a married woman.
Amazing.
The Receptions
I could never be described as a smiley-cheery person. But I think, I must've broken a record during my wedding. For Longest Period of Smiley-Cheeriness :)
All throughout all the receptions, I was just grinning away. But that's not all I did...
I nearly fainted when on the night of the akad, there was a blackout that left the entire house pitch-dark... (luckily, Tenaga Nasional saved the day..... or I would've sued. I BET I would've!)
I almost whacked my maid-of-honor on the head for not noticing that I was crying after the akad and I NEEDED TISSUE OR I'D HAVE BEEN THE BRIDE-WITH-SNOT-RUNNING-DOWN-HER-NOSE...
I nearly bawled in tears at the hotel when my groom serenaded me and the crowd with 'Permata (Untuk Isteriku)'...
I almost died when my dad started his wedding speech by telling the entire crowd about my baby-crapping-habits...
I very nearly snorted with laughter when my mom's friend described me as "Breathtakingly beautiful"... (Made me feel like a scenic view...)
The receptions were indeed, a kaleidoscope of emotions.
And I actually ENJOYED dressing-up (though wearing a songket in the afternoon sun is a reallllly sadistic thing to do) and I enjoyed meeting guests and sitting prissily at the main table 'pretending' to eat. I can't believe I enjoyed all that, but I did! I was actually HAPPY to wear high-stilleto-heels, and princessy-makeup and sequiny-gowns... I didn't even frown at wearing that freakin' tiara! I am completely surprised at myself.
Amazing.
It would be impossible for me to share every single bit of every single thing that happened in my wedding.... Some might find that a little bit dull :)
But all in all... I guess I could sum up my wedding in one word.
Yup... you guessed it....
Amazing.
Monday, August 01, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment