According to Jordan Stein, in his article 10 Ways To Be A Real Man
, Real Men should NOT write love letters to their lady-love...
He says, and I quote:
Love letters? Big mistake. Women want MEN, not carbon copies of themselves. Leave sentimental composition to the fairer sex while you go about your business of owning a penis.
There's nothing wrong with showing emotion -- not enough men do -- but choose an alternative forum to Hallmark.
Cards are fine for marking milestones, but when it comes to expressing your feelings on a day-to-day basis, stick to the same instrument you use to quote stock prices and rattle off NBA stats.
As a woman, I just feel that it is my noble duty to inform you men that this is soooo incorrect. At least, to ME it is.
One of the things I love about being in love is getting love letters.
And I'd have to say that I'm very fortunate to have a man who writes letters that are both sweet + hilarious. Okay, sometimes he writes stuff that aren't long enough to have the privilege to be called 'letters' but stillll......
A written word from the man you love can definitely get your heart racing. And unlike romantic words (which are nice too, of course!), love letters can be read and re-read and re-read over and over again. That's why some people still keep letters that are all torn and tattered.
There was once a time when Wan & I had to endure a long-distance relationship. He was in JB and I was in KL. Although we spoke to each other every day, whenever I received a letter from him in the mail, I'd be absolutely overjoyed. Especially since he likes to pepper his letters with sketches and drawings. I still keep those letters, and one day far far away, my children will discover them and realize what an utter romantic their old daddy is.
So, my unsolicited advice to all you men out there, slipping a short, sweet note into your girlfriend's handbag will do wonders. Writing her an unexpected lovey-dovey letter and mailing it to her (even if you live next door to each other) will definitely make her adore you even more than she does now.
Trust me, it won't make you less of a 'real man' in her eyes.
The pen is mightier than the sword, and unlike the sword, it can't castrate you.
Wednesday, January 12, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment