I’m so proud of myself.
(Self-satisfied grin)
Hehehe...
It was Wan’s birthday yesterday.
For weeks, I’ve been secretly planning a surprise birthday party for him.
Weeks of contacting his friends, who are scattered all over the country.
Weeks of surreptitious sms’es and furtive phone calls.
Weeks of stifling giggles whenever I thought of something for the party.
Weeks of avoiding outings with his siblings and his buddies JUST in case he catches us exchanging sneaky looks.
Weeks of dropping false statements regarding my plans for his birthday.
(“We’ll just spend a nice, quiet, romantic evening together, ya sayang...”)
Weeks of keeping a secret from my own husband.
And in the end, it was a tremendous success!
The birthday boy had absolutely NO idea until the lights came up and his friends all jumped out, shrieking at him.
The look on his face?
Priceless.
He was overjoyed and so touched by the effort we all made.
We were all so thrilled at his reaction.
Shock
Goggle-eyed, weak-in-the-knees, gasping shock.
Stunned
Taking in the balloons, the feast and the guests, some of whom he hasn’t seen for ages.
Aftershock
While shaking his head, he aimlessly staggered around the room, picking up random things at the complete amusement of his buddies.
Happiness
Eating, laughing and chatting away, without a care in the world.
He was absolutely dazed at how I managed to organize everything behind his back.
“If you ever decide to have an affair, I’ll obviously be the doofus husband who suspects nothing!”
Don’t be silly, darling.
Happy Birthday!
I love you.
There is no surprise more magical than the surprise of being loved. It is the finger of God on a man's shoulder.
Margaret Kennedy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment