As a tentative foray into my long-abandoned blog here, I am now going to do something I've never done before...
One of these tag thingies.
Tagged by Izreen, the hot mamma of a pretty little cherubic princess....
Here goes....
Layer One: On the Outside
Name: Mediha Mahmood (Arabic meaning: Praiseworthy Praiseworthy)
Birthdate: 17 February1979
Chinese Zodiac – Year of the Goat,
Zodiac - Aquarius
Status: Married to a wonderful man with whom I now have a wonderful son.
Eye color: Black
Hair Color: Black
(nothing the least bit glamourous or exotic about my coloring)
Righty or Lefty: Am a bit ambidextrous... Apparently I was a lefty until my father trained me to be a righty. So now I'm a righty with lefty tendencies.
Layer Two: On the Inside
My heritage: Malay and a bit of Chinese.
Reminds me of a conversation I had a few years back.
"Are you Malay?"
"Yes"
"You don't look Malay"
"I've got some Chinese blood, I guess"
"No, aside from your eyes, you don't look Chinese"
"O...kay... so what do you think I look like?"
"I dunno. Just not Malay... or Chinese."
"What? Indian?"
"Not that either"
"Apa-apa lah"
"You look..... Asian"
"What the heck?"
"You know... Thai, Vietnamese, Burmese..."
Lovely.
My fears: Losing my loved ones... and cicaks. No, not losing cicaks, but cicaks per se. Those things are evil and gross. You can never predict where they're going and what they're gonna do. And they squash easily and they can split in two and SURVIVE. Eecchhhh.....
My Weaknesses: When provoked, sometimes my temper goes unreigned. And sometimes my tongue goes unleashed. Not a good thing.
My perfect pizza: Tons of cheese and sauce, mushrooms, green peppers, etc and a scatter of pineapples.
Layer Three: Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow
My thoughts first thing when I wake up: Uhh.. what time is it? Where are my boys?
My bedtime: For now, whenever Mikhail settles down for the night and Wan is ready for bed... usually midnight.
My most missed memory: Swimming with the fishes in the ocean. The ocean is the most peaceful place to be in, really. All my troubles disappear and my little joys multiply.
Layer Four: My picks
Pepsi or Coke: Coke! Pepsi tastes like medicine to me.
Mc Donald's or Burger King: Burger King. The burgers are more burger'like than McDonald's. Though I do love McD's. Especially their Prosperity Beef Burger...
Single or Group Dates: Depends on the kind of date I'm hoping for. Romance or fun. Not that it can't be both, of course :)
Adidas or Nike: Just Do It.
Tea or Nestea: Tea. Hot hot hot HOT tea.
Chocolate or Vanilla: Chocolate … but sometimes vanilla. When I'm feeling like something pure and virgin'like. Heheh. But vanilla can be too milky or too sweet... and you really can't go wrong with chocolate so yeah, chocolate's my pick.
Cappucino or Coffee: Steaming hot, strong, black kopi Muar. Especially in the mornings... coupled with hot cakoi or nasi lemak. Best breakfast in the world.
Layer Five: Do I
Smoke: No way jose. I like my lungs pink, thank you.
Curse: Sometimes... and it's usually forced out of me against my will.
Take a shower: Yes laaaa, at least twice a day
Have a crush: Had one. Married it.
Think I've Been In love: Yes.
Go to school: Yup. Among the best years of my life.
Want to get married: No question about it. Always went for the whole happily ever after thing.
Believe in myself: Yes.
Think I'm a health freak: I know I'm not. I should be. Maybe later.
Layer Six: In the past month
Drank alcohol: No. Never have; except for that one accidental sip when the waiter wrongly served me a Long Island Ice Lemon Tea instead of a plain one.
Gone to the mall: Yes, just came back from one.
Been on stage: Nope. Not since my student days.
Eaten Sushi: Yes. Unagi... piled with wasabi... yummmm....
Dyed your hair: Never have, might try one day. Maybe.
Layer Seven: Have I ever
Played a stripping game: That's for me to know and you never to find out.
Changed who I am to fit in: Wha-? No way.
Layer Eight: AgeI am hoping to be married
I planned to get married before I turned 27. Got married when I was 26. Mission accomplished.
Layer Nine: What was I doing
1 min ago: Doing this tag thingy while chatting with my hubby and keeping an eye on sleeping baby.
1 hour ago: Eating dinner. Was planning to go get some KFC but we were too malas so we had rice with the family.
4.5 hours ago: On a movie date with Wan. Watched 'The No. 23'. Jim Carrey can actually act without his rubber face.
1 month ago: Enjoying my stay-at-home-mom status and playing with Mikhail while toying with the idea of going back to work.
1 year ago: I was around 2 months pregnant. Probably barfing my head off in the loo.
Layer Ten: Finish The Sentence
I love: My family. And pasta. And shopping. And hot coffee. And thunderstorms. And chocolate.
I feel: depressed at the thought of re-joining the workforce after 6 months of staying home with Mikhail. Yet, I'm also looking forward to it. In a nutshell, I feel c.o.n.f.u.s.e.d.
I hate: injustice and those who perpetrate it.
I hide: my feelings... sometimes. Sometimes they're too big to hide.
I need: a vacation. Somewhere far away with cool weather and great food.
Layer Eleven: Tag 5 people
Anyone who feels like doing it.
Till later, Cheers!
Saturday, April 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hehe i remember that long island iced tea episode :-D
Post a Comment