Friday, February 18, 2005

Middle-Middle-Age

They say that "middle age" is when you're 50 years old.
Therefore, at 26 years old, I'm "middle-middle-age".
Thus, I am OLD.

I woke up this morning and scrutinized myself in front of the mirror.
"Think positive, Diha" I said to myself.
Talking to yourself, the 1st sign of going senile

Okay now, Diha... Let's see...

You've got lines on your face (tiny ones, but they're THERE).
Don't say you're prematurely aging...
Say that it's a sign that you're a woman.


Your hips are wide.
Don't say you're fat...
Say that it's a sign that you're a woman.


Hmmm...
Your knees crack as you bend down to pick up your hairbrush.
Don't say you're getting osteoperosis...
Say that it's a sign that you're a woman.


An elegant, responsible, independent, respectable adult woman.

Then upon closer scrutiny at the mirror and what does this elegant, responsible, independent, respectable adult woman see???

A freakin' pimple.

*sigh*

Anyway, I had a lovely birthday yesterday.
I believe that birthdays are best spent surrounded by people you love and loves you.
So that's what I did. Spent my entire birthday with my family and my fiance. My loved ones.
Okayla... Actually MOST of the day was spent at work, surrounded by colleagues who I DO like.. but you know... DON'T actually love.
But the MAIN part of my birthday was spent with my loved ones.

I don't mind growing older, actually.
I mean, I won't be the kind of woman who remains 27-years-old forever and ever, killing any soul who is privy to her REAL age.
I won't lie about my age.
I read somewhere that when a person lies about her age, she's essentially deleting some years from her life... And discounting the memories that go with it.
That's just sad....

The great thing about getting older is that you don't lose all the other ages you've been.
Madeleine L'Engle (1918)


So yes, I am HAPPY to turn 26 years old.
Older and (allegedly supposed to be) wiser.

The grandest of all laws is the law of progressive development. Under it, in the wide sweep of things, men grow wiser as they grow older, and societies better.
John Christian Bovee


Speaking of law, guess what this elegant, responsible, independent, respectable WISER adult woman did today?

She faxed a letter to the Registrar of High Court stating --

"Dear Sir/Masam"

Hate typos...
The stoopid "D" and "S" keys are too close to each other.
Either that, or I AM going senile...

Everyone else thinks it's funny. So fine.
Haha.
Calling the registrar of high court "masam" is funny.

*sigh*

To keep the heart unwrinkled, to be hopeful, kindly, cheerful, reverent - that is to triumph over old age.
Thomas Bailey Aldrich.

No comments: